Lower Steering Shaft Removal (EPS
1. Use the steering wheel to position the front wheels
so they point straight ahead.
2. Locate the lower steering shaft through the left front
wheel well. Mark the lower steering shaft, gear box
stub shaft and gear box to aid installation.
3. Remove the power steering unit (see Chapter 8 –
Power Steering Unit Removal, page 8.11).
4. Remove the pinch bolt
to the steering gear box assembly .
5. Lift up on the shaft and remove it through the floor
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
retaining the lower steering
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
STEERING / SUSPENSION
Lower Steering Shaft Installation (EPS
1. Install the lower steering shaft onto the gear box and
align the marks made during step 2 of the "Lower
Steering Shaft Removal (EPS Models)" procedure.
2. Install the pinch bolt that retains the lower steering
shaft to the steering rack assembly and torque to
Lower Steering Shaft Pinch Bolt:
42 ft-lb (57 Nm)
3. Install the power steering unit and reassemble the
vehicle (see Chapter 8 –
Installation, page 8.14).
Power Steering Unit