STEERING / SUSPENSION
8. Place a new lock nut onto the shock rod. Torque the
new lock nut to specification.
NOTE: Do not over torque the nut or damage to
the valve stack can occur.
14 ft-lbs (19 Nm)
Make sure "Top-Out" washers are
orientated as shown.
9. Front Shocks Only: Assemble the clicker valve
stack on top of the fastener and install the assembly
into the reservoir body. Tighten the valve stack
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
10. Turn the compression adjuster knob counter-
clockwise (soft) until it stops, so damping is in the full
11. Use the appropriate shock body holding tool to
properly secure the shock assembly into a vice for
Front Shock Body Holding Tool: PU-50979
Rear Shock Body Holding Tool: PU-50938
12. Fill the shock body and remote reservoir 1/2 full of
the recommended gas shock oil.
Recommended Shock Oil:
Racing Gas Shock Oil (PN 2874124) (Quart)
10 Weight for Walker Evans Shocks