Pad Assembly / Installation
1. Lubricate mounting bracket pins
silicone grease and install rubber dust boots
2. Compress mounting bracket and make sure dust
boots are fully seated. Install pads with friction
material facing each other.
If brake pads are contaminated with grease,
oil, or liquid soaked do not use the pads.
Use only new clean pads.
3. Install the caliper and torque the new mounting bolts
Rear Caliper Mount Bolt
40 ft-lbs (54 Nm)
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
4. Install lower radius rod bolt, washer and new nut.
with a light film of
5. Slowly pump the brake pedal until pressure has been
6. Install the adjustment set screw and turn clockwise
7. Verify fluid level in reservoir is up to the MAX line
8. Install wheel and torque wheel nuts to specification.
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Torque to specification.
Radius Rod to Bearing Carrier Bolt:
40 ft-lb (54 Nm)
built up. Maintain at least 1/2, (12.7 mm) of brake
fluid in the reservoir to prevent air from entering the
until the stationary pad contacts the disc, then back
off 1/2 turn.
inside reservoir and install reservoir cap.
Master Cylinder Fluid
Up to MAX line inside reservoir
120 ft-lbs (163 Nm)