Engine Cylinder Leakdown Test
A cylinder leak-down test is the best indication of engine
condition. Follow tester manufacturer's instructions to
perform a cylinder leak-down test. Never use high
pressure leakage testers as crankshaft seals may
dislodge and leak.
Cylinder Leakage Service Limit: 20%
If leakage exceeds service limit, inspect the engine
for the cause.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Valve Clearance Inspection
Valve clearance inspection should be
performed on a cold engine, at room temperature.
1. Remove the driver's seat. Disconnect the negative
(-) battery cable.
2. Remove the engine access panel.
3. Remove eight screws retaining the outer clutch
4. Maneuver the outer clutch cover to allow access to
the drive clutch, in order to rotate the engine.
NOTE: Removal of left rear wheel or left rear
shock is NOT necessary to perform this
5. Remove the spark plug wires to gain access to valve
cover as shown below.