Inspect the entire clutch outlet duct
(including the outlet duct screen) when replacing a
drive belt. Remove any debris found in the outlet
duct or outlet duct screen
1. Remove the eight screws that retain the outer clutch
2. Maneuver the outer clutch cover outward as shown
below to access the drive belt.
NOTE: Removal of left rear wheel or left rear
shock is NOT necessary for belt replacement.
3. Mark the drive belt direction of rotation so that it can
be installed in the same direction.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
4. Insert clutch spreader tool (2877408 or 2878925)
into the driven clutch as shown (tool included with
vehicle's tool kit).
NOTE: Make sure the tool is square with the
moveable sheave surface of the driven clutch.
5. Rotate tool towards the clutch to open the sheaves.
6. Walk the belt out of the driven clutch and drive
clutch. Remove the belt from the vehicle.