ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
7. Be sure to measure each guide and valve
NOTE: The valve guides cannot be replaced.
Combustion Chamber Cleaning
Wear eye protection during combustion chamber
combustion chambers and valve seat area
NOTE: Carbon Clean Fuel Treatment (2871326)
can be used to help remove carbon deposits.
Do not use a metal scraper, a coarse wire brush
or abrasive cleaners to clean the cylinder head.
Damage may result.
2. Visually inspect cylinder head gasket surface and
combustion chamber for cracks or damage. Pay
close attention to areas around spark plug and valve
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Valve Sealing Test
1. Clean and dry the combustion chamber area
2. Pour a small amount of clean solvent into each
and check for leakage around the
valves. The valve seats should hold fluid with no
3. Repeat for exhaust valves by pouring fluid into each