ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
Valve Clearance Adjustment
Always inspect valve clearance prior to
camshaft installation or final engine assembly.
markings made during disassembly. If installing new
camshafts or if camshafts were not marked, you can
reference the part number stamped on the end of the
Intake Camshaft - PN 1204784
Exhaust Camshaft - PN 1204786
2. Lubricate the camshaft bearing journal surfaces with
Polaris PS-4 engine oil prior to installation.
3. Carefully install the camshafts into the cylinder head.
The PTO camshaft lobes
4. Carefully install the rear camshaft carriers onto the
camshafts. Carrier openings should face each other
when installed properly.
should face out as
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
5. Install the four bolts that retain each rear camshaft
and tighten the bolts evenly to
Camshaft Carrier Bolts:
7 ft-lb (10 Nm)
6. Rotate the camshaft until the cam lobes above the
valves you are inspecting are facing up
7. Measure the valve clearance
(feeler) gauge. Record the measurement if clearance
is out of specification.
using a thickness