Fuel Tank Removal RZR XP 4 1000
Always wear safety goggles when working with high
pressure or flammable fluids. Failure to do so could
result in serious injury or complications.
NOTE: Syphon as much fuel from the tank as
possible before attempting to remove it from the
1. Remove the front and rear seats.
2. Disconnect the negative and positive battery cables
from the battery, located under the left rear seat.
Remove the bolt retaining the battery bracket and
remove the battery from the vehicle.
3. While holding a shop towel over the fuel line
connectors, disconnect the fuel supply line
the pump (see Chapter 2 – Fuel Lines, page 2.13 for
specific removal procedure).
NOTE: A small amount of fuel may come out of
the fuel lines or pump fitting. Properly drain fuel
into a suitable container.
4. Disconnect the fuel pump electrical harness
5. Remove the right-hand rocker panel (see Chapter
6. Remove the fastener
mechanism to the frame near the right rear portion of
the fuel tank. Once removed, place the mechanism in
the rear cargo box to keep it out of the way.
retaining the seat belt
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
7. Remove the front and rear console assembly (see
Chapter 10 – Rocker Panels, Console and Floor XP /
High Lifter, page 10.23).
8. Remove the two M10x1.5x55 bolts
seat base frame. Remove the rear seat base
assembly from the vehicle.
9. Remove the T-40 Torx screw
strap to the seat base frame. Remove the strap from
the other side of the seat base frame as well.
retaining the front of the rear
retaining the fuel tank