ENGINE ASSEMBLY - TOP END
Cylinder Head Assembly
Assemble the valves one at a time to
maintain proper order.
Wear eye protection during cylinder head disassembly
and reassembly or when working with the valve springs.
1. Apply engine oil to valve guides and seats.
2. Coat valve stem with Premium Starter Grease
3. Install the valve
in the cylinder head, through the
4. Dip the new valve seat/seal
carefully install the valve seat/seal on the valve guide
with a rotating motion. Push firmly until seated in
retaining groove and square with the guide
NOTE: Valve seals should be installed AFTER
the valves are in the head to avoid valve seal
5. Dip the valve spring
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
in clean engine oil and
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
6. Install the valve spring with widely spaced coils
the top and tightly spaced coils
toward the cylinder head.
NOTE: Valve springs to be installed with paint
mark facing up
7. Place the valve retainer on the spring.
8. Compress the valve spring by hand using valve
spring compressor adapter (PV-43513-A). Compress
spring only enough to allow split keeper installation.
NOTE: To prevent damage to the valve seals, do
not compress the valve spring more than
necessary to install the keepers.
9. Install split keepers
10. Repeat this procedure for remaining valves.
with gap even on both sides.