1. Inspect caliper body for nicks, scratches, pitting or
specifications. Replace if damaged or worn beyond
Front Caliper Piston Bore I.D.:
Std: 1.373" (34.87 mm)
Service Limit: 1.375" (34.93 mm)
2. Inspect piston for nicks, scratches, pitting or wear.
Measure piston diameter and replace if damaged or
worn beyond service limit.
Front Caliper Piston O.D.:
Std: 1.370" (34.80 mm)
Service Limit: 1.368" (34.75 mm)
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
3. Inspect the brake disc and pads as outlined in this
1. Install new O-rings
in the caliper body. Be sure the
are clean and free of residue or brakes
may drag upon assembly.
2. Coat pistons with clean Polaris DOT 4 Brake Fluid.
Install pistons with a twisting motion while pushing
inward. Piston should slide in and out of bore
smoothly, with light resistance.
3. Lubricate the mounting bracket pins
grease and install the rubber dust seal boots.
4. Compress the mounting bracket and make sure the
dust seal boots are fully seated. Install the brake
pads. Clean the disc and pads with brake parts
cleaner or denatured alcohol to remove any dirt, oil