NOTE: Bushings are installed at the factory using
Loctite® 648. In order to remove bushings it will be
necessary to apply heat evenly to the area around
each bushing. Clean all residual Loctite® from
bushing bore prior to installing new bushing.
Clutch components will be hot! In order to avoid serious
burns, wear insulated gloves during the removal
Moveable Sheave - Bushing Removal
1. Remove clutch as outlined previously in this chapter.
2. Install handle end of the Piston Pin Puller (PN
2870386) securely into bench vise and lightly grease
Piston Pin Puller: PN 2870386
3. Remove nut from puller rod and set aside.
4. Install puller adapter
from kit PN 2871226.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
5. Install main adapter (Item D) onto puller.
6. With towers pointing toward the vise, slide sheave
onto puller rod.
7. Install removal tool (Item A, B) into center of sheave
with "A side" toward sheave.
NOTE: Use Bushing Tool PA-47336.
8. Install nut (C) onto end of puller rod and hand
tighten. Turn puller barrel to increase tension on
sheave if needed. Using a hand held propane torch,
apply heat around outside of bushing until tiny
smoke tailings appear.
9. Turn sheave counterclockwise on puller rod until it
comes free. Lift sheave off puller.
10. Remove nut from puller rod and set aside.
11. Pull bushing removal tool and adapter from puller
rod. Remove bushing from tool and discard.
Moveable Sheave - Bushing Installation
12. Place main adapter