ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
11. Install the valve adjustment tappet
in the order they were removed.
NOTE: Refer to
Valve Clearance Adjustment,
page 3.84 procedure for proper tappet selection.
If any valve train components were
replaced, refer to "Valve Clearance Adjustment",
Installation / Timing, page 3.79 procedure.
for each valve
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Cylinder Head Installation
1. Rotate the engine so the cylinder is facing up.
2. Remove the Cylinder Holding & Camshaft Timing
from the cylinder.
Once the cylinder head is removed,
nothing retains the cylinder to the engine. DO
NOT rotate the engine without using the Cylinder
Holding & Camshaft Timing Plate (PU-50563).
3. Prepare cylinder head gasket sealing surfaces by
cleaning thoroughly to remove all residue. The head
gasket must be installed clean and dry, free from oil
NOTE: Do not touch sealing surfaces of gasket.
4. Guide cam chain
and install the gasket on the cylinder, locating it on
the alignment pins.
5. Carefully set the cylinder head
6. Install new bolts and finger tighten the six cylinder
through a new head gasket
in place on