Water Pump Removal
1. Allow engine and cooling system to cool down.
Be sure the engine has cooled and no pressure is built
up in the cooling system before removing the pressure
cap. The coolant may be hot and could cause severe
injury or burns.
2. Remove driver's seat.
3. Disconnect the (-) negative battery cable.
4. Remove all debris and thoroughly clean water pump
area and RH side of engine block.
5. Remove the hood.
6. Remove the pressure cap from the filler neck.
7. Drain cooling system as outlined in this chapter.
8. Elevate the rear of the vehicle off the ground using a
suitable ATV lift and remove the right rear wheel.
9. Remove the right rear shock lower mounting bolt.
Discard the nut. Swing and support right rear shock
rearward to gain access to water pump area.
10. Remove the five coolant hoses that are attached to
the water pump. Note location and routing for
installation. Be sure to catch and dispose of coolant
11. Remove the three bolts
to engine block. Note different bolt lengths for
12. Remove water pump from engine by gently twisting
and rocking the water pump housing while pulling
13. Maneuver water pump downward and remove it
through the access hole in the skid plate.
14. Plug the water pump drive access hole in the engine
block with a clean shop towel.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
retaining water pump
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
Water Pump Installation
1. Replace the two sealing O-rings on the water pump
NOTE: Do not reuse the water pump O-rings.
Always use NEW O-rings each time the water
pump is removed.
2. Lubricate new O-rings
3. Remove the shop towel from the water pump drive
access hole in the engine block.
4. Clean the O-ring sealing surface
block using a clean shop towel.
5. Use a shop light to illuminate the water pump drive
orientation of the water pump drive slot
with fresh engine oil.
in the engine