15. Remove the input shaft
and idler gear shaft assembly
transmission housing by pulling both assemblies
16. Place the gear cluster assembly on a clean surface
for inspection. If disassembly is required, refer to
"Gear Cluster Disassembly".
17. Using a 5 mm Allen wrench, remove the screws that
secure the pinion shaft assembly
shaft assembly straight up to remove it from the
housing. Note the longer screw
18. Remove all seals from the gearcase halves and clean
the cases in preparation for assembly.
Gear Cluster Disassembly
, gear cluster assembly
. Lift the pinion
that locks the
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
19. Remove the bearing from the reverse shaft using a
bearing puller. Remove the retaining ring and slide
the washers, high gear and needle bearing off the
20. Remove the retaining ring and engagement dog from
the reverse shaft.
21. Remove the retaining ring, washer, needle bearing,
and sprocket from the reverse shaft.
22. Tilt the two shafts towards each other and remove the
silent chain from the two shafts.