22. Remove the bearing from the reverse shaft using a
bearing puller. Remove the retaining ring and slide
the washers, 53T gear and needle bearing off the
reverse shaft (see Figure 8-1).
23. Remove the retaining ring and engagement dog from
the reverse shaft (see Figure 8-1).
24. Remove the retaining ring, washer, needle bearing,
and sprocket from the reverse shaft (see Figure 8-1).
25. Tilt the two shafts towards each other and remove
the silent chain from the two shafts.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
26. If necessary, disassemble the other end of the
27. To disassemble the shift shaft rail remove the snap
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
reverse shaft. Remove the bearing, engagement
dog, retaining ring, washer, gear and needle bearing
from the reverse shaft (see Figure 8-2).
ring (X) from the end of the shift rail on either side.
Use caution when disassembling the shift rail. The
compressed springs on the shift rail may pop off
causing eye or face injury.
Snorkel Shaft Removal / Disassembly