9. Install the rear brake caliper assembly and new bolts
. Torque to specification.
Rear Caliper Mounting Bolts:
40 ft-lbs (54 Nm)
10. Install wheel and four wheel nuts. Torque wheel nuts
120 ft-lbs (163 Nm)
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Drive Shaft / CV Joint Handling Tips
Care should be exercised during drive shaft removal or
when servicing CV joints. Drive shaft components are
Cleanliness and following these instructions is very
important to ensure proper shaft function and a normal
• The complete drive shaft and joint should be
handled by getting hold of the interconnecting
shaft to avoid disassembly or potential damage to
the drive shaft joints.
• Over-angling of joints beyond their capacity could
result in boot or joint damage.
• Make sure surface-ground areas and splines of
shaft are protected during handling to avoid
• Do not allow boots to come into contact with sharp
edges or hot engine and exhaust components.
• The drive shaft is not to be used as a lever arm to
position other suspension components.
• Never use a hammer or sharp tools to remove or
to install boot clamps.
• Be sure joints are thoroughly clean and that the
proper amount and type of grease is used to refill
when joint boots are replaced and when joints are
cleaned. Refer to text for grease capacity of CV
joints and CV joint boots.