8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 until all eight valves have been
Intake Valve Clearance (cold):
0.006 ± 0.002" (0.15 ± 0.05 mm)
Exhaust Valve Clearance (cold):
0.008 ± 0.002" (0.20 ± 0.05 mm)
9. If any of the valve clearance measurements are out
of specification, remove the camshaft carriers and
camshafts and proceed with this procedure.
NOTE: If all valve clearance measurements are
carriers and proceed to Camshaft Installation /
Timing, page 3.79.
10. Remove the valve tappet from a valve that was out of
NOTE: Keep mated parts together and in order
with respect to their location in the cylinder head
for assembly purposes. Mark each component or
place them in an organized rack as you remove
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
11. Record the 3 digit number on the bottom of the
recorded for that valve, along with the 3-digit tappet
13. Refer to the appropriate tappet selection matrix
(Intake or Exhaust) on the following pages and select
the proper tappet.
14. Install the proper tappet.
NOTE: Lubricate the outer portion of the valve
tappet upon installation.
15. Repeat steps 10-14 until all necessary valves have
16. Reinstall the camshafts and camshaft carriers and
tighten the bolts evenly to specification.
Camshaft Carrier Bolts:
7 ft-lb (10 Nm)
17. Measure and confirm that valve clearance is now
within specification for each valve.
18. If valve clearance is not within specification, repeat
19. If all valve clearance measurements are now within
specification, remove the camshaft carriers and
Camshaft Installation / Timing, page