5. Again measure the distance between the marks and
measurement "3" from measurement "2". The
difference between measurements "2" and "3" is the
vehicle toe alignment. The recommended vehicle toe
tolerance is 1/8 to 3/16" (3.2 to 4.8 mm) toe out. This
means the measurement at the front of the tire (2) is
1/8 to 3/16" (3.2 to 4.8 mm) wider than the
measurement at the rear (3).
(2) - (3) = 1/8" to 3/16" (3.2 to 4.8 mm)
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
Wheel Toe Adjustment
If toe alignment is incorrect, repeat steps 3-5 of "Wheel
Toe Alignment Inspection", but instead measure the
distance between each wheel and the vehicle center.
This will tell you which tie rod needs adjusting.
NOTE: Be sure steering wheel is straight ahead
before determining which tie rod needs adjustment.
During tie rod adjustment, it is very important that the
following precautions be taken when tightening tie rod
If the rod end is positioned incorrectly it will not pivot,
To adjust toe alignment:
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
end jam nuts.
and may break.
• Hold tie rod end to keep it from rotating.
• Loosen jam nuts at both end of the tie rod.
• Shorten or lengthen the tie rod until alignment is
as required to achieve the proper toe setting as
specified in "Wheel Toe Alignment".
• IMPORTANT: When tightening the tie rod end jam
nuts, the rod ends must be held parallel to prevent
rod end damage and premature wear. Damage
may not be immediately apparent if done
• After alignment is complete, torque jam nuts to
Tie Rod Jamb Nut:
14 ft-lbs (19 Nm)