5. Have an assistant slowly pump foot pedal until
pressure builds and holds.
6. Hold brake pedal down to maintain pedal pressure,
and open bleeder screw
NOTE: Do not release foot pedal before bleeder
screw is tight or air may be drawn into master
7. Repeat procedure until clean fluid appears in bleeder
hose and all air has been purged. Add fluid as
necessary to maintain level in reservoir.
Maintain at least 1/2"(1.27 cm) of brake fluid in the
reservoir to prevent air from
entering the master cylinder.
8. Tighten bleeder screw securely and remove bleeder
hose. Torque bleeder screw to specification.
48 in-lb (5 Nm)
9. Repeat steps 5 - 8 for the remaining calipers.
10. Add brake fluid to MAX level inside reservoir.
Master Cylinder Fluid Level
Between MIN and MAX lines on reservoir.
11. Install master cylinder reservoir cover.
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
. Close bleeder screw and
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
12. Field test machine at low speed before putting into
service. Check for proper braking action and pedal
reserve. With pedal firmly applied, pedal reserve
should be no less than 1/2"(1.3 cm).
13. Check brake system for fluid leaks.