ENGINE / COOLING SYSTEM
Cooling System Pressure Cap Test
1. Remove the hood from the front cab.
Never remove pressure cap when engine is warm or
hot. The cooling system is under pressure and serious
burns may result. Allow the engine to cool before
2. Remove pressure cap
cap tester (commercially available).
3. The pressure cap relief pressure is 13 psi. Replace
cap if it does not meet this specification.
and test using a pressure
9925724 R01 - 2014-2015 RZR XP 1000 / RZR XP4 1000 Service Manual
© Copyright 2014 Polaris Industries Inc.
Radiator Removal / Installation
1. Remove the hood and front bumper (See Chapter 10
– Hood and Front Body Work, page 10.20and Front
Bumper, page 10.19).
2. Remove the four fasteners that secure the front
bumper support to the main frame.
3. Drain radiator by removing lower radiator hose
sure to catch and dispose of coolant properly.
The cooling system is under pressure and serious
burns may result.
Allow the engine to cool before servicing.
4. Disconnect cooling fan electrical connector.
5. Remove the upper radiator hose from the radiator.