Parameter Initialization Function
The "parameter initialization function" is used to return the setting data set in the buffer memory/internal memory and flash
ROM/internal memory (nonvolatile) of Simple Motion module to the default values.
Parameter initialization means
• Initialization is executed with a program.
• Initialization is executed by an engineering tool.
Refer to the "Simple Motion Module Setting Function Help" for the execution method by an engineering tool.
The following table shows the setting data initialized by the "parameter initialization function".
(The data initialized are "buffer memory/internal memory" and "flash ROM/internal memory (nonvolatile)" setting data.)
Block start data
Input axis parameters
Synchronous encoder axis parameters
Main shaft/auxiliary shaft parameters
Main shaft/auxiliary shaft clutch parameters
Speed change gear parameters
Output axis parameters
Synchronous control initial position parameters
Mark detection setting parameters
Precautions during control
• Parameter initialization is only executed when the positioning control is not carried out (when the PLC READY signal [Y0] is
OFF). The warning "In PLC READY" (warning code: 0905H) will occur if executed when the PLC READY signal [Y0] is ON.
• Writing to the flash ROM is up to 100,000 times. If writing to the flash ROM exceeds 100,000 times, the writing may become
impossible, and the error "Flash ROM write error" (error code: 1931H) will occur.
• A "CPU module reset" or "CPU module power restart" must be carried out after the parameters are initialized.
• If an error occurs on the parameter set in the Simple Motion module when the PLC READY signal [Y0] is turned ON, the
READY signal [X0] will not be turned ON and the control cannot be carried out.
The writing time to the flash ROM is up to 5 seconds. Parameter initialization takes up to 5 seconds.
Do not turn the power ON/OFF or reset the CPU module during parameter initialization.
If the power is turned OFF or the CPU module is reset to forcibly end the process, the data backed up in the
flash ROM/internal memory (nonvolatile) will be lost.
9 COMMON FUNCTIONS
9.2 Parameter Initialization Function