Precautions during operation
The following details must be understood before carrying out manual pulse generator operation.
• If "[Pr.123] Manual pulse generator speed limit value" is set to a value larger than "[Pr.8] Speed limit value", the error
"Manual pulse generator speed limit value error" (error code: 1ABBH) will occur and the operation will not start.
• If "[Cd.21] Manual pulse generator enable flag" is turned ON while the Simple Motion module is BUSY (BUSY signal ON),
the warning "Start during operation" (warning code: 0900H) will occur.
• If a stop factor occurs during manual pulse generator operation, the operation will stop, and the BUSY signal will turn OFF.
At this time, "[Cd.21] Manual pulse generator enable flag" will remain ON. However, manual pulse generator operation will
not be possible. To carry out manual pulse generator operation again, measures must be carried out to eliminate the stop
factor. Once eliminated, the operation can be carried out again by turning "[Cd.21] Manual pulse generator enable flag" ON
OFF ON. (Note that this excludes hardware/software stroke limit error.)
• Command will not be output if an error occurs when the manual pulse generator operation starts.
The speed command is issued according to the input from the manual pulse generator irrelevant of the speed
limit setting. When the speed command is larger than 62914560 [pulse/s], the servo alarm "Command
frequency error" (alarm No.: 35) will occur.
The following calculation formula is used to judge whether or not an error will occur.
(Speed command) =
If a large value is set to the manual pulse generator 1 pulse input magnification, there is a high possibility of
the servo alarm "Command frequency error" (alarm No.: 35) occurrence. Note that the servomotor does not
work rapidly by sudden pulse input even if the servo alarm does not occur.
• One Simple Motion module can be connected to one manual pulse generator.
• The Simple Motion module can simultaneously command to multiple servo amplifiers by one manual pulse
generator. (Axis 1 to the number of maximum control axes)
Number of pulses per rotation
Movement amount per rotation
5 MANUAL CONTROL
5.4 Manual Pulse Generator Operation