• The error "Continuous path control not possible" (error code: 1A1EH to 1A20H) will occur and the operation cannot start if
"continuous positioning control" or "continuous path control" is set in "[Da.1] Operation pattern".
• "Speed-position switching control" cannot be set in "[Da.2] Control method" of the positioning data when "continuous path
control" has been set in "[Da.1] Operation pattern" of the immediately prior positioning data. (For example, if the operation
pattern of positioning data No. 1 is "continuous path control", "speed-position switching control" cannot be set in positioning
data No. 2.) The error "Continuous path control not possible" (error code: 1A1EH to 1A20H) will occur and the machine will
carry out a deceleration stop if this type of setting is carried out.
• The error "No command speed" (error code: 1A12H to 1A14H) will occur if "current speed (-1)" is set in "[Da.8] Command
• The software stroke limit range check during speed control is made only when the followings are satisfied:
"[Pr.21] Current feed value
If the movement amount exceeds the software stroke limit range during speed control in case of the setting of other than "1:
during speed control" is "1:
Update current feed value", the error "Software stroke limit +" (error code: 1993H) or "Software stroke limit -" (error code: 1995H)
Update current feed value".
will occur as soon as speed control is changed to position control and the axis will decelerate to a stop.
When "[Pr.1] Unit setting" is
If the unit is "degree", the software stroke limit range check is not performed.
other than "2: degree"
• If the value set in "[Da.6] Positioning address/movement amount" is negative, the error "Outside address range" (error
code: 1A30H, 1A31H) will occur.
• Deceleration processing is carried out from the point where the speed-position switching signal is input if the position
control movement amount set in "[Da.6] Positioning address/movement amount" is smaller than the deceleration distance
from the "[Da.8] Command speed".
• Turn ON the speed-position switching signal in the speed stabilization region (constant speed status). The warning "Speed-
position switching (during acceleration) signal ON" (warning code: 0993H) will occur because of large deviation in the droop
pulse amount if the signal is turned ON during acceleration. During use of the servo motor, the movement amount is "[Da.6]
Positioning address/movement amount" from the assumed motor position based on "[Md.101] Real current value" at
switching of speed control to position control. Therefore, if the signal is turned ON during acceleration/deceleration, the
stop position will vary due to large variation of the droop pulse amount. Even though "[Md.29] Speed-position switching
control positioning movement amount" is the same, the stop position will change due to a change in droop pulse amount
when "[Da.8] Command speed" is different.
Setting positioning data
When using speed-position switching control (INC mode), set the following positioning data.
: Always set, : Set as required, : Setting not required
Acceleration time No.
Deceleration time No.
Positioning address/movement amount
Dwell time/JUMP destination positioning data No.
M code/Condition data No./Number of LOOP to LEND repetitions/
Number of pitches
Axis to be interpolated No.1
Axis to be interpolated No.2
Axis to be interpolated No.3
M code ON signal output timing
ABS direction in degrees
Interpolation speed designation method
*1 Refer to the following for information on the setting details.
Page 445 Positioning Data
3 MAJOR POSITIONING CONTROL
3.2 Setting the Positioning Data
Setting required/not required
(Set "Forward run: speed/position" or "Reverse run: speed/position".)