For performing restart at switching servo OFF to ON, set the restart allowable range in the following buffer memory.
n: Axis No. - 1
[Pr.84] Restart allowable range when servo OFF to
• Setting example
A program to set the restart allowable range for axis 1 to 10000 pulses is shown below.
DMOVP K10000 D0
DTOP H0 K64 D0 K1
• The difference between the last command position at servo OFF and the present value at servo ON is
output at once at the first restart. If the restart allowable range is large at this time, an overload may occur
on the servo side. Set a value which does not affect the mechanical system by output once to the restart
allowable range when switching servo OFF to ON.
• The restart at switching servo OFF to ON is valid only at switching servo OFF to ON at the first time. At the
second time or later, the setting for restart allowable range when switching servo OFF to ON is disregarded.
• Execute servo OFF when the mechanical system is in complete stop state. The restart at switching servo
OFF to ON cannot be applied to a system in which the mechanical system is operated by external pressure
or other force during servo OFF.
• Restart can be executed only while the axis operation status is "stop". Restart cannot be executed when the
axis operation status is other than "stop".
• When the PLC READY signal is switched from OFF to ON during servo OFF, restart cannot be executed. If
restart is requested, the warning "Restart not possible" (warning code: 0902H) occurs.
• Do not restart while a stop command is ON. When restart is executed during a stop, the error "Stop signal
ON at start" (error code: 1908H) occurs and the axis operation status becomes "ERR". Therefore, restart
cannot be performed even if the error is reset.
• Restart can also be executed while the positioning start signal is ON. However, do not set the positioning
start signal from OFF to ON during a stop. If the positioning start signal is switched from OFF to ON,
positioning is performed from the positioning data number set in "[Cd.3] Positioning start No." or from the
positioning data number of the specified point.
• When positioning is terminated by a continuous-operation interrupt request, restart cannot be performed. If
a restart request is executed, the warning "Restart not possible" (warning code: 0902H) occurs.
[Operation at emergency stop input]
Emergency stop input
(Last command position)
12 DATA USED FOR POSITIONING CONTROL
12.3 Basic Setting
0, 1 to 327680 [pulse]
0: restart not allowed
Restart allowable range (10000 pulses)
is stored in D0, D1.
Data for D0, D1 is stored in buffer
memory 64, 65 of the Simple Motion module.
Stop position at
Buffer memory address
[Operation at restart]
(Present value at servo ON)
Stop position at servo OFF
Output at once