● Startup and maintenance of a control panel must be performed by qualified maintenance personnel
with knowledge of protection against electric shock. Lock the control panel so that only qualified
maintenance personnel can operate it.
● Before handling the module, touch a conducting object such as a grounded metal to discharge the
static electricity from the human body. Failure to do so may cause the module to fail or malfunction.
● Before testing the operation, set a low speed value for the speed limit parameter so that the operation
can be stopped immediately upon occurrence of a hazardous condition.
● Confirm and adjust the program and each parameter before operation. Unpredictable movements
may occur depending on the machine.
● When using the absolute position system function, on starting up, and when the module or absolute
value motor has been replaced, always perform a home position return.
● Before starting the operation, confirm the brake function.
● Do not perform a megger test (insulation resistance measurement) during inspection.
● After maintenance and inspections are completed, confirm that the position detection of the absolute
position detection function is correct.
● Lock the control panel and prevent access to those who are not certified to handle or install electric
● When changing data and operating status, and modifying program of the running programmable
controller from an external device such as a personal computer connected to an intelligent function
module, read relevant manuals carefully and ensure the safety before operation. Incorrect change or
modification may cause system malfunction, damage to the machines, or accidents.
● Do not power off the programmable controller or reset the CPU module while the setting values in the
buffer memory are being written to the flash ROM in the module. Doing so will make the data in the
flash ROM undefined. The values need to be set in the buffer memory and written to the flash ROM
again. Doing so also can cause malfunction or failure of the module.
● Note that when the reference axis speed is specified for interpolation operation, the speed of the
partner axis (2nd, 3rd, or 4th axis) may exceed the speed limit value.
● Do not go near the machine during test operations or during operations such as teaching. Doing so
may lead to injuries.
● When disposing of this product, treat it as industrial waste.
● When disposing of batteries, separate them from other wastes according to the local regulations. For
details on battery regulations in EU member states, refer to the MELSEC iQ-R Module Configuration