• Use the servo amplifiers compatible with the driver communication for the axis to execute the driver communication.
• The combination of the master axis and slave axis is set in the servo parameters. The setting is valid by turning ON or
resetting the system's power supply after writing the servo parameters to the Simple Motion module.
• Check the operation enabled status of driver communication in "[Md.52] Communication between amplifiers axes searching
flag". The operation cannot be changed to amplifier-less operation when connected and not connected servo amplifier axes
are mixed. Change to amplifier-less operation when all axes are connected, or disconnect all axes of the servo amplifier.
• When connecting/disconnecting at driver communication function use, it can be executed only for the head axis (servo
amplifier connected directly to the Simple Motion module). The servo amplifier other than the head axis can be
disconnected, however it cannot be connected again.
• Differences between SSCNET connection and SSCNET/H connection in driver communication function are shown
Communication with the
The servo amplifiers cannot be operated until the
servo amplifiers after
connection with all system setting axes is confirmed.
controller's power supply
Only the first axis (servo amplifier connected directly to
the Simple Motion module) can connect/disconnect.
Servo amplifiers other than the first axis can be
disconnected but cannot be connected.
• If all axes set to driver communication are not detected at the start of communication with the servo amplifier, all axes
including independent axes cannot be operated. (The servo amplifier's LED display remains "Ab".) Check the operation
enabled status with "[Md.52] Communication between amplifiers axes searching flag". When all independent axes and
axes set to driver communication are connected, "0: Search end" is set in "[Md.52] Communication between amplifiers
axes searching flag".
Communication between amplifiers
axes searching flag
■Home position return control, positioning control, manual control, expansion control, and
• Do not start the slave axis. The command to servo amplifier is invalid even if the slave axis is started.
• The home position return request flag ([Md.31] Status: b3) of slave axis is always ON. There is no influence for control of
• There are some restrictions for data used as the positioning control of slave axis. The external input signals such as FLS or
RLS, and the parameters such as software stroke limit are invalid. Refer to Page 328 I/O signals of slave axis and
Page 328 Data used for positioning control of slave axis for details.
• For setting the slave axis as a servo input axis, set "2: Real current value" or "4: Feedback value" in "[Pr.300] Servo input
axis type". Otherwise, the slave axis does not operate as an input axis.
• At the driver communication operation, only the switching to positioning control mode, speed control mode, and torque
control mode are possible. When the mode is switched to continuous operation to torque control mode for the master axis,
the warning "Control mode switching not possible" (warning code: 09EBH) will occur, and the control mode is not switched.
■Absolute position system
Set "0: Disabled (incremental system)" in "Absolute position detection system (PA03)" of servo parameter for slave axis. If "1:
Enabled (absolute position detection system)" is set, the warning "Home position return data incorrect" (warning code:
093CH) will occur and the home position return of slave axis cannot be executed.
The detection status of axis that set communication
between amplifiers is stored.
0: Search end
The servo amplifiers cannot be operated until the connection with
all driver communication setting axes is confirmed. The normal
operation axis (driver communication unset up axis) can be
connected after the network is established.
Only the first axis (servo amplifier connected directly to the Simple
Motion module) can connect/disconnect.
Only normal axes (axes not set to driver communication) other than
the first axis can be connected when they are disconnected.
However, when axes set to driver communication are
disconnected, they cannot communicate with servo amplifiers that
were connected after disconnecting. (The servo amplifier's LED
display remains "AA".)
Buffer memory address
9 COMMON FUNCTIONS
9.8 Driver Communication Function