• The error "Continuous path control not possible" (error code: 1A1EH to 1A20H) will occur and the operation cannot start if
"continuous positioning control" or "continuous path control" is set in "[Da.1] Operation pattern".
• "Speed-position switching control" cannot be set in "[Da.2] Control method" of the positioning data when "continuous path
control" has been set in "[Da.1] Operation pattern" of the immediately prior positioning data. (For example, if the operation
pattern of positioning data No. 1 is "continuous path control", "speed-position switching control" cannot be set in positioning
data No. 2.) The error "Continuous path control not possible" (error code: 1A1EH to 1A20H) will occur and the machine will
carry out a deceleration stop if this type of setting is carried out.
• The error "No command speed" (error code: 1A12H to 1A14H) will occur if "current speed (-1)" is set in "[Da.8] Command
• If the value set in "[Da.6] Positioning address/movement amount" is negative, the error "Outside address range" (error
code: 1A30H, 1A31H) will occur.
• Even though the axis control data "[Cd.23] Speed-position switching control movement amount change register" was set in
speed-position switching control (ABS mode), it would not function. The set value is ignored.
• To exercise speed-position switching control (ABS mode), the following conditions must be satisfied:
1) "[Pr.1] Unit setting" is "2: degree"
2) The software stroke limit function is invalid (upper limit value = lower limit value)
3) "[Pr.21] Current feed value during speed control" is "1: Update current feed value"
4) The "[Da.6] Positioning address/movement amount" setting range is 0 to 359.99999 (degree). If the value is outside of the range, the error "Outside address
range" (error code: 1A30H, 1A31H) will occur at a start.
5) The "[Pr.81] Speed-position function selection" setting is "2: Speed-position switching control (ABS mode)".
• If any of the conditions in 1) to 3) is not satisfied in the case of 5), the error "Speed-position function selection error" (error
code: 1AAEH) will occur when the PLC READY signal [Y0] turns from OFF to ON.
• If the axis reaches the positioning address midway through deceleration after automatic deceleration started at the input of
the speed-position switching signal, the axis will not stop immediately at the positioning address. The axis will stop at the
positioning address after N revolutions so that automatic deceleration can always be made. (N: Natural number) In the
following example, since making deceleration in the path of dotted line will cause the axis to exceed the positioning
addresses twice, the axis will decelerate to a stop at the third positioning address.
Speed-position switching signal
3 MAJOR POSITIONING CONTROL
3.2 Setting the Positioning Data