Precautions during operation
The following details must be understood before carrying out JOG operation.
• For safety, set a small value to "[Cd.17] JOG speed" at first and check the movement. Then gradually increase the value.
• The error "Outside JOG speed range" (error code: 1980H) will occur and the operation will not start if the "JOG speed" is
outside the setting range at the JOG start.
• The error "JOG speed limit value error" (error code: 1AB7H, 1AB8H) will occur and the operation will not start if "[Pr.31]
JOG speed limit value" is set to a value larger than "[Pr.8] Speed limit value".
• If "[Cd.17] JOG speed" exceeds the speed set in "[Pr.31] JOG speed limit value", the workpiece will move at the "[Pr.31]
JOG speed limit value" and the warning "JOG speed limit value" (warning code: 0981H, 0982H) will occur in the Simple
• The JOG operation can be continued even if an "Axis warning" has occurred.
• Set a "0" in "[Cd.16] Inching movement amount". If a value other than "0" is set, the operation will become an inching
operation. (Page 174 Inching Operation)
Operations when stroke limit error occurs
When the operation is stopped by hardware stroke limit error or software stroke limit error, the JOG operation can execute in
an opposite way (direction within normal limits) after an error reset. (An error will occur again if JOG start signal is turned ON
in a direction to outside the stroke limit.)
JOG operation possible
Upper/lower limit signal
Operation timing and processing time
The following drawing shows details of the JOG operation timing and processing time.
■RD77MS4 operation example
[Cd.181] Forward run
[Cd.182] Reverse run
[Md.26] Axis operation status
Positioning complete signal
([Md.31] Status: b15)
5 MANUAL CONTROL
5.2 JOG Operation
JOG operation not possible
JOG operation (3)