Continuous path control
■Continuous path control
• The speed is changed without deceleration stop between the command speed of the "positioning data No. currently being
executed" and the speed of the "positioning data No. to carry out the next operation". The speed is not changed if the
current speed and the next speed are equal.
• The speed used in the previous positioning operation is continued when the command speed is set to "-1".
• Dwell time is ignored, even if it is set.
• The next positioning No. is executed automatically in operations by continuous path control (operation pattern "11"). Always
complete the positioning by setting operation pattern "00" in the last positioning data. If the operation pattern is set to
positioning continue ("01" or "11"), the operation will continue until operation pattern "00" is found. If the operation pattern
"00" cannot be found, the operation may be carried out until the positioning data No. 600. If the operation pattern of the
positioning data No. 600 is not complete, the operation will be started again from the positioning data No. 1.
• The speed switching includes the "front-loading speed switching mode" in which the speed is changed at the end of the
current positioning side, and the "standard speed switching mode" in which the speed is at the start of the next positioning
side. (Page 421 [Pr.19] Speed switching mode)
• In the continuous path control, the positioning may be completed before the set address/movement amount and the current
data may be switched to the "positioning data that will be run next". This is because a preference is given to the positioning
at a command speed. In actuality, the positioning is completed before the set address/movement amount by an amount of
remaining distance at speeds less than the command speed. The remaining distance (1) at speeds less than the
command speed is 0 1 (distance moved in operation cycle at a speed at the time of completion of the positioning). The
remaining distance (1) is output at the next positioning data No.
■RD77MS4 operation example
Address (+) direction
Address (-) direction
Positioning start signal
[Y10, Y11, Y12, Y13]
Start complete signal ([Md.31] Status: b14)
[X10, X11, X12, X13]
Positioning complete signal
([Md.31] Status: b15)
In the continuous path control, a speed variation will not occur using the near-pass function when the
positioning data No. is switched.
(Page 231 Near pass function)
Positioning continue (11)
Positioning continue (11)
3 MAJOR POSITIONING CONTROL
3.1 Outline of Major Positioning Controls