• The error "Continuous path control not possible" (error code: 1A1EH to 1A20H) will occur and the operation cannot start if
"continuous positioning control" or "continuous path control" is set in "[Da.1] Operation pattern".
• "Position-speed switching control" cannot be set in "[Da.2] Control method" of the positioning data when "continuous path
control" has been set in "[Da.1] Operation pattern" of the immediately prior positioning data. (For example, if the operation
pattern of positioning data No. 1 is "continuous path control", "position-speed switching control" cannot be set in positioning
data No. 2.) The error "Continuous path control not possible" (error code: 1A1EH to 1A20H) will occur and the machine will
carry out a deceleration stop if this type of setting is carried out.
• The software stroke limit range is only checked during speed control if the "1: Update current feed value" is set in "[Pr.21]
Current feed value during speed control". The software stroke limit range is not checked when the control unit is set to
• The error "Software stroke limit +" (error code: 1993H) or "Software stroke limit -" (error code: 1995H) will occur and the
operation cannot start if the start point address or end point address for position control exceeds the software stroke limit
• Deceleration stop will be carried out if the position-speed switching signal is not input before the machine is moved by a
specified movement amount. When the position-speed switching signal is input during automatic deceleration by
positioning control, acceleration is carried out again to the command speed to continue speed control. When the position-
speed switching signal is input during deceleration to a stop with the stop signal, the control is switched to the speed control
to stop the machine. Restart is carried out by speed control using the restart command.
• The warning "Speed limit value over" (warning code: 0991H) will occur and control is continued by "[Pr.8] Speed limit value"
if a new speed exceeds "[Pr.8] Speed limit value" at the time of change of the command speed.
• If the value set in "[Da.6] Positioning address/movement amount" is negative, the error "Outside address range" (error
code: 1A30H, 1A31H) will occur.
• Set WITH mode in the output timing at M code use. The M code will not be output, and the M code ON signal will not turn
ON if the AFTER mode is set.
Setting positioning data
When using position-speed switching control, set the following positioning data.
: Always set, : Set as required, : Setting not required
Acceleration time No.
Deceleration time No.
Positioning address/movement amount
Dwell time/JUMP destination positioning data No.
M code/Condition data No./Number of LOOP to LEND repetitions/
Number of pitches
Axis to be interpolated No.1
Axis to be interpolated No.2
Axis to be interpolated No.3
M code ON signal output timing
ABS direction in degrees
Interpolation speed designation method
*1 Refer to the following for information on the setting details.
Page 445 Positioning Data
3 MAJOR POSITIONING CONTROL
3.2 Setting the Positioning Data
Setting required/not required
(Set "Forward run: position/speed" or "Reverse run: position/speed".)