10E-31 Keyless Start System:
Front Door Lock Switch Inspection
1) Remove door trim from door panel referring to Step
1) to 3) of "Front Door Glass Removal and
Installation in Section 9E".
2) Check for continuity between terminals "1" and "2" at
each switch position as shown below. If check result
is not as specified, replace.
Door lock switch specification
LOCK position: No continuity
UNLOCK position: Continuity
[C]: Right side door lock switch
[D]: Left side door lock switch
Keyless Start Control Module Removal and
1) Disconnect negative cable at battery.
2) Remove glove box from instrument panel.
3) Disconnect connector from keyless start control
4) Remove keyless start control module mounting bolt
and then remove keyless start control module (1)
from steering support member (2).
For installation, reverse removal procedure.
If keyless start control module is replaced, register ID
code of remote controller into keyless start control
module, referring to "Registration Procedure for Remote
Controller ID Code".
Remote Controller Inspection
Check that remote controller operation indicator light (3)
lights up when lock (1), unlock (2) or panic (4) (if
equipped) button of remote controller is pushed.
If it doesn't light up in this check, replace battery and
then recheck. If it doesn't light up even after battery
replacement, replace remote controller.
When remote controller transmits lock,
unlock or panic signal, it makes operation
indicator light light up.
Replacement of Remote Controller Battery
If remote controller operation indicator light fails to light
up when lock or unlock button of remote controller is
pushed, replace its battery as follows.
1) If ignition key (1) is inserted in remote controller,
2) With tip of flat blade screwdriver (2) put in slot (3) of
remote controller (4), pry it open.