10C-17 Immobilizer Control System:
DTC check of BCM
1) Check BCM for DTC referring to "DTC Check in Section
Is DTC U0073, U0100, U0101, U0155 and/or U1144
CAN communication circuit check
1) Disconnect connectors from ECM, BCM and ABS
2) Check CAN communication circuit for open, short and
• Between ECM and ABS control module
• Between BCM and ABS control module
Is each CAN communication circuit in good condition?
Replacement of BCM
1) Replace BCM with new one referring to "BCM (Included
in Junction Block) Removal and Installation in Section
2) Check ECM for DTC referring to "DTC Check".
Is DTC P1638 still detected?
Inspection of ICM and Its Circuit
ICM and its circuit can be checked at ICM wiring connector by measuring voltage.
ICM cannot be checked by itself. It is strictly prohibited to connect voltmeter or ohmmeter to ICM with
connector disconnected from it.
1) Remove ICM (1) from steering lock assembly or steering lock unit referring to "ICM Removal and Installation".
2) Connect ICM connector (2) to ICM.
3) Check voltage at each terminal.
As each terminal voltage is affected by the battery voltage, confirm that it is 11 V or more when the
ignition switch is turned to ON position.
[A]: ICM connector (harness side view)
Go to applicable DTC
Go to Step 7.
Substitute a known-
good ECM and recheck.
Go to Step 6.