6. Memory Port
Connect a commercial USB memory to the Controller memory port to use the Controller
backup function to the USB memory.
6.1 What is Backup Controller Function?
This function saves various kinds of Controller data to the USB memory with one push.
Data saved in the USB memory is loaded to EPSON RC+ 7.0 to get the status of the
Controller and the program simply and accurately.
The saved data can also be used for restoring the Controller.
6.2 Before Using Backup Controller Function
■ Backup Controller function is available at any time and in any Controller status
after starting the Controller.
However, operations form the console including stop and pause are not available
while executing this function.
Also, this function influences the robot cycle time and the communication with
EPSON RC+ 7.0. Other than only when it is necessary, do not execute this
function when operating the robot.
- Make sure that the USB port is used only for USB memory even though the port on the
- Insert the USB memory directly into the Controller memory port. Connection with
- Insert and remove the USB memory slowly and surely.
- Do not edit the saved files by the editor. Operation of the robot system after data
6.2.2 Adoptable USB Memory
Use USB memory that meets following conditions.
- USB2.0 supported
- Without security function
- No installation of a driver or software is necessary for Windows 7, Windows 8, or
RC700 / RC700-A Rev.23
Controller is a universal USB port.
cables or hubs between the Controller and the USB memory is not assured.
restoration to the Controller is not assured.
USB memory with password input function cannot be used.
(For supported operating systems for the EPSON RC+ 7.0, refer to Setup & Operation 1.1
Setup & Operation 6. Memory Port