Setup & Operation 6. Memory Port
6.3 Backup Controller Function
6.3.1 Backup Controller with Trigger Button
■ Controller status storage function is available at any time and in any Controller
status after starting the Controller.
However, operations form the console including stop and pause are not available
when executing this function.
Also, this function influences the robot cycle time and the communication with the
EPSON RC+ 7.0. Do not execute this function while operating the robot except
when it is necessary.
Use the following procedure to backup the Controller settings to USB memory.
(1) Insert the USB memory into the memory port.
(2) Wait approximately 10 seconds for USB memory recognition.
(3) Press the trigger button on the Controller.
(4) When the storage has been completed,
(5) Remove the USB memory from the Controller.
USB memory with LED is recommended to check the status changes in procedure (2).
When storage is executed during Motor ON status, it may fail to store the status. Use
another USB memory or execute the storage during Motor OFF status.
6.3.2 Load Data with EPSON RC+ 7.0
The procedure to read the data stored in the USB memory by EPSON RC+ 7.0 and display
the Controller status is described in the following manual.
EPSON RC+ 7.0 User's Guide 5.11.8 [Controller] Command (Tools Menu)
6.3.3 Transfer with E-mail
Follow this procedure to transfer the data by e-mail that was saved to the USB memory.
(1) Insert the USB memory to a PC that supports sending of e-mail.
(2) Make sure that the USB memory has following folders.
(3) Compress the folders checked in Step (2), then send them by e-mail.
The seven-segment displays
transfer. Wait until the display returns back to the former display. (Transfer time
differs depending on the amount of data, such as the project size.)
for two seconds.
When the storage has failed,
B_Controller type_serial number_backup date
→ Example: B_RC700_12345_2013-10-29-092951
repeatedly during the data
is displayed on the seven-segment
is displayed on the seven-segment for two
RC700 / RC700-A Rev.23