Boot Software Update Function
This function updates the boot software which starts up the motion system. It is used when the boot software needs to be
updated due to the restrictions of the motion software.
• Even though update is carried out, programs, parameters, and the absolute position data written in the
motion system will not be changed.
• If update processing is interrupted during updating execution by the following operation, a file which is being
updated will be deleted. Execute update again.
"Turning OFF the power of the motion system"
"Turning RUN/STOP/RESET switch of the CPU module to RESET"
"Turning OFF the power of the personal computer (when using the engineering tool)"
"Disconnecting a communication cable from the personal computer (when using the engineering tool)"
"Removing the SD memory card (when using SD memory cards)"
• The updated software is reflected when the power is turned ON again.
• While update is executed, update operation is not accepted by the other installation method.
• Version of the boot software which is installed to the motion system can be chcked with
• The boot software is protected by CRC. The consistency of the data is checked when turning on the power
of the motion system again, then if an error is detected, the error "Boot Software File Error" (error code:
1C83H) will occur and the system will not start. Execute update again.
21 MODULE SOFTWARE INSTALLATION
21.3 Boot Software Update Function