MODULE SOFTWARE INSTALLATION
How to install software of the motion system is explained in this chapter.
Motion System Software Installation
The software has been installed in the motion system when the product is shipped. Therefore, users do not have to install the
software. However, when updating or changing to the new software, users have to install the software again. The latest
software can be downloaded from MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC FA Global Website.
• Even if carrying out installation, programs, parameters, and absolute position data that are written in the
motion system are not rewritten.
• If installation is interrupted by the following operations during installation execution, the file in installation is
deleted. Execute installation again.
"Turning OFF the power of the motion system"
"Turning RUN/STOP/RESET switch of the CPU module to RESET"
"Turning OFF the power of the personal computer (when using the engineering tool)"
"Disconnecting a communication cable from the personal computer (when using the engineering tool)"
"Removing the SD memory card (when using SD memory cards)"
• The installed software is reflected when the power is turned ON again.
• While installation is executed, installation operation is not accepted by the other installation method. For
example, while installation by the SD memory card is executed, installation executed by the engineering tool
will cause an error.
• The type name and the version of the motion system software which is installed to the motion system can
be checked with the engineering tool.
• The software files and the add-on function files are protected by CRC. The consistency of the file is checked
when turning on the power of the motion system again, then if an error is detected, the error "AddOn Library
Load Error" (error code: 3205H) will occur and the system will not start. Execute installation again to install
the correct file.
21 MODULE SOFTWARE INSTALLATION
21.1 Motion System Software Installation
Boot software version
Network boot software version
Basic system software version