Operation cycle assignment
An operation cycle of the axis can be set by AxisName.PrConst.OperationCycle.
Send/Receive data refresh of network connected devices
Network connected devices are distinguished between stations controlled by the motion system and standard stations, and
those data refresh methods are different.
Motion syncronization station
*1 Control by the programmable controller
The following shows the relation of data areas and the refresh.
(Axis data etc.)
Motion synchronization station
Select a data refresh method from the following for the station which executes the motion control as a real axis. It can be set
in System.PrConst.Link_MotionStationRefreshType. It is common in all of the operation cycles.
station send/receive data
Operation cycle precedence
• The motion system refreshes data by directly synchronizing the network send/receive with the operation cycle.
• The target link device is not refreshed.
• Stations other than motion syncronization stations are standard stations.
• The programmable controller refreshes data.
• The link device is refreshed by synchronizing with the programmable controller.
Updating the data
in the motion control station
Motion control station slave
• Data receive, motion operation, and data send are executed in different operation cycles. A high-speed operation cycle
can be selected when the motion operation load is high, because these are executed in parallel.
• Since the data refresh timing is slower, the responsiveness to feedback is low.
Updating the data in the
3 BASIC FUNCTIONS
3.1 Operation Cycle