• When performing synchronized operation, wire according to the following procedure. (This is to prevent contact input of 24
V being applied to terminal FM.)
Set pulse train output (setting other than "0 or 1") to Pr.291 on the master side inverter.
Inverter power OFF
Wire the slave side terminal JOG-SD to the master side terminal FM-SD.
Turn the inverter power supply ON.
• After changing the Pr.291 setting, connect the JOG terminal to the terminal FM-SD. When FM output (voltage output) is taken
as the pulse train, take caution to prevent voltage from being applied to the terminal FM.
• Use sink logic (factory setting) for the slave side inverter. The inverter does not operate properly with source logic.
Speed synchronized operation specification
Output pulse format
Pulse propagation delay 1 to 2 μs per unit
A pulse propagation delay of about 1 to 2 μs in the slave occurs and further increases when the wiring length is long.
Parameters referred to
Pr.291 (Pulse train I/O
The frequency and acceleration/deceleration time for JOG operation can be set. JOG operation is possible in both External
operation and PU.
JOG operation can be used for conveyor positioning, test operation, etc.
Note that these parameters are categorized as a simple mode parameter when the LCD operation panel (FR-LU08) or the
parameter unit (FR-PU07) is used. Setting of this parameter is enabled when the operation panel (FR-DU08) is connected and
"0" is set to Pr.160 User group read selection. (Refer to
The Pr.20 initial value is set to 60 Hz for the FM type and to 50 Hz for the CA type.
JOG operation using the external signals
• Operation can be started and stopped by the start signals (STF and STR signals) when the Jog operation selection (JOG)
signal is ON. (For the operation method, refer to
• While the JOGF or JOGR signal is input, Jog frequency setting (Pr.15) is used for operation. The rotation is forward while
the JOGF signal is input, and the rotation is reverse while the JOGR signal is input. (Direct JOG function)
• Use the JOG acceleration/deceleration time function (Pr.16) to set the acceleration/deceleration time for JOG operation.
• To use each signal, set the corresponding number selected from the following table in any of Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input
terminal function selection) to assign the function to an output terminal.
Pr.178 to Pr.189 settings
5 (Pr.185 initial value)
5.6 (D) Operation command and frequency command
Pulse width fixed (10 μs)
0 to 50k pulses/s
0 to 590 Hz
0 to 3600 s
Set the frequency for JOG operation.
Set the motor acceleration/deceleration time during JOG operation.
For the acceleration/deceleration time, set the time until the
set in Pr.20 Acceleration/deceleration reference
frequency is reached.
The acceleration/deceleration times cannot be set separately.