6. PROTECTIVE FUNCTIONS
6.5 Causes and corrective actions
• The motor is stopped using
under the mode other than the PU operation mode, set Pr.75 Reset selection/disconnected PU detection/
PU stop selection. Refer to
• Check for a stop made by pressing
• Turn the start signal OFF and release with
Appears when Parameter copy is performed between the FR-F820-02330(55K) or lower / FR-F840-01160(55K)
or lower inverters and the FR-F820-03160(75K) or higher / FR-F840-01800(75K) or higher inverters.
Resetting of Pr.9, Pr.30, Pr.51, Pr.56, Pr.57, Pr.72, Pr.80, Pr.82, Pr.90 to Pr.94, Pr.453, Pr.455, Pr.458 to
Pr.462, Pr.557, Pr.859, Pr.860, and Pr.893 is necessary.
Set the initial value in Pr.989 Parameter copy alarm release.
Appears when safety stop function is activated (during output shutoff). (Refer to
• Check if an emergency stop device is activated.
• Check if the shorting wire between S1 and PC or between S2 and PC is disconnected when not using the safety
• An emergency stop device is active when using the safety stop function. Identify the cause of emergency stop,
ensure the safety and restart the system.
• When not using the safety stop function, short across terminals S1 and PC and across S2 and PC with shorting
wire for the inverter to run.
• If "
" is indicated when wires across S1 and SIC and across S2 and SIC are both conducted while using
the safety stop function (drive enabled), internal failure might be the cause. Check the wiring of terminals S1,
S2, and SIC and contact your sales representative if the wiring has no fault.
MT1 to MT3
Maintenance signal output
Appears when the inverter's cumulative energization time reaches or exceeds the parameter set value. Set the
time until the MT is displayed using Pr.504 Maintenance timer 1 warning output set time (MT1), Pr.687
Maintenance timer 2 warning output set time (MT2), and Pr.689 Maintenance timer 3 warning output set
time (MT3). MT does not appear when the settings of Pr.504, Pr.687, and Pr.689 are initial values (9999).
The set time of maintenance timer has been exceeded. (Refer to
Take appropriate countermeasures according to the purpose of the maintenance timer setting.
Setting "0" in Pr.503 Maintenance timer 1, Pr.686 Maintenance timer 2, and Pr.688 Maintenance timer 3
clears the indication.
USB host error
Appears when an excessive current flows into the USB A connector.
Check if a USB device other than a USB memory device is connected to the USB A connector.
• If a device other than a USB memory device is connected to the USB A connector, remove the device.
• Setting Pr.1049 USB host reset = "1" or inverter reset clears the UF indication.
FR-LU08 indication PS
under the mode other than the PU operation mode. (To enable
of the operation panel.
FR-LU08 indication CP
FR-LU08 indication —
FR-LU08 indication MT1 to MT3
FR-LU08 indication UF