Basic operation procedure (JOG operation)
Giving a start command by using external signals
for JOG operation
• JOG operation is performed while the JOG signal is ON.
• Use Pr.15 Jog frequency to set a frequency, and set Pr.16 Jog acceleration/deceleration time to set the acceleration/
deceleration time for JOG operation.
• Set Pr.79 Operation mode selection = "2" (External operation mode).
Forward rotation start
Reverse rotation start
The following shows the procedure to operate at 5 Hz.
Turning ON the power of the inverter
The operation panel is in the monitor mode.
Turning ON the JOG signal
Turn ON the JOG switch (JOG signal). The inverter is set ready for the JOG operation.
Start → acceleration → constant speed
Turn ON the start switch (STF/STR signal). The frequency increases according to the setting of Pr.16 Jog
acceleration/deceleration time, and "
the forward rotation, and [REV] indicator is ON during the reverse rotation.
Deceleration → stop
Turn OFF the start switch (STF/STR signal). The frequency decreases according to the setting of Pr.16 Jog
acceleration/deceleration time. "
[FWD] or [REV] indicator turns OFF. Turn OFF the JOG switch (JOG signal).
• To change the running frequency, change the setting of Pr.15 Jog frequency (initial value: 5 Hz).
• To change the acceleration/deceleration time, change the setting of Pr.16 Jog acceleration/deceleration time (initial value:
Parameters referred to
Pr.15 Jog frequency, Pr.16 Jog acceleration/deceleration
Pr.79 Operation mode
" (5.00 Hz) appears on the LCD display. [FWD] indicator is ON during
" (0.00 Hz) appears on the LCD display, and the motor stops rotating.
4. BASIC OPERATION
4.7 Basic operation procedure (JOG operation)