The input phase loss protective function on the inverter input side (R/L1, S/L2, T/L3) can be enabled.
Output phase loss
Input phase loss
The setting is available for the standard structure model and the IP55 compatible model.
Output phase loss protection selection (Pr.251)
• When Pr.251 is set to "0", output phase loss protection (E.LF) becomes invalid.
Input phase loss protection selection (Pr.872) (Standard models and IP55
• When Pr.872 is set to "1", Input phase loss (E.ILF) protection is activated if one of three phases is detected to be lost for
1 s continuously.
• When several motors are connected, output phase loss cannot be detected even if the wiring to one motor loses phase.
• If an input phase is lost while Pr.872 = "1" (with input phase loss protection), Pr.261 Power failure stop selection ≠ "0" (power
failure stop function enabled), the motor decelerates to stop without outputting E.ILF.
• In the case of R/L1, S/L2 phase loss, the input phase loss protection does not operate, and the inverter output is shut off.
• If an input phase loss continues for a long time, the lives of converter section and capacitor of the inverter become shorter.
Parameters referred to
Pr.261 Power failure stop
This function allows the inverter to reset itself and restart at activation of the protective function (fault indication). The retry
generating protective functions can also be selected.
When the automatic restart after instantaneous power failure function is selected (Pr.57 Restart coasting time ≠ 9999), the
restart operation is also performed after a retry operation as well as after an instantaneous power failure. (For restart operation,
Number of retries at fault
Retry waiting time
Retry count display
Setting the retry function (Pr.67, Pr.68)
• When the inverter protective function is operating (fault indication), the retry function automatically cancels (resets) the
protective function after the time set in Pr.68. The retry function then restarts the operation from the starting frequency.
0 to 5
Faults which trigger the retry operation can be selected.
The retry function disabled.
Set the number of retries at a fault occurrence.
1 to 10
A fault output is not provided during the retry operation.
Set the number of retries at a fault occurrence. (The setting value minus
101 to 110
100 is the number of retries.)
A fault output is provided during the retry operation.
Set the time delay from when an inverter fault occurs until the retry
0.1 to 600 s
Setting "0" clears the retry success counter ("retry success" means that
the inverter successfully restarts).
Output phase loss protection disabled
Output phase loss protection enabled
Input phase loss protection disabled
Input phase loss protection enabled
5.7 (H) Protective function parameter