When the power supplies of the peripheral devices are connected to the power supply of the inverter in the same line,
inverter-generated noises may flow back through the power supply cables to cause malfunction of the devices and
the following countermeasures must be taken:
• Set the EMC filter ON/OFF connector of the inverter to the ON position. (Refer to
• Install the line noise filter (FR-BLF/FR-BSF01) to the power cables (output cables) of the inverter.
When a closed loop circuit is formed by connecting the peripheral device wiring to the inverter, leakage currents may
flow through the earthing (grounding) cable of the inverter to cause the device to malfunction. In that case,
disconnecting the earthing (grounding) cable from the device may stop the malfunction of the device.
Data line filter
Data line filter is effective as an EMI countermeasure. Provide a data line filter for the detector cable, etc.
• Commercially available data line filter: ZCAT3035-1330 (by TDK), ESD-SR-250 (by NEC TOKIN)
• Specification example (ZCAT3035-1330 by TDK)
Outline dimension drawings
The impedance values above are reference values, and not guaranteed values.
EMI measure example
Do not earth (ground)
• For compliance with the EU EMC Directive, refer to the Instruction Manual (Startup).
Built-in EMC filter
This inverter is equipped with a built-in EMC filter (capacitive filter) and a common mode choke.
These are effective in reducing air-propagated noise on the input side of the inverter.
To enable the EMC filter, set the EMC filter ON/OFF connector to the ON position. The FM type is initially set to "disabled"
(OFF), and the CA type to "enabled" (ON).
3. PRECAUTIONS FOR USE OF THE INVERTER
3.1 Electro-magnetic interference (EMI) and leakage currents
10 to 100 MHz
100 to 500 MHz
Separate inverter and
power line by more than
30 cm (at least 10 cm)
from sensor circuit.
Do not earth (ground) control cable.
Cable fixing band
Decrease carrier frequency.
Use a twisted pair shielded cable.
Do not earth (ground) shield but
connect it to signal common cable.
Install filter (FR-BLF
or FR-BSF01) on
inverter output side.
Use 4-core cable for motor
power cable and use one cable
as earth (ground) cable.