Selecting the PM motor control
Setting for the PM motor control by selecting IPM initialization ("
on the operation panel
• The parameters required to drive an IPM motor MM-EFS or MM-THE4 are automatically set by batch. (Refer to
• [PM] indicator on the operation panel (FR-DU08) is turned ON when the PM motor control is set.
The following shows the procedure to perform the motor parameter initialization (change the parameter settings to the
appropriate settings for an IPM motor MM-EFS (1500 r/min specification) or MM-THE4) by selecting IPM initialization on the
Turning ON the power of the inverter
The operation panel is in the monitor mode.
Changing the operation mode
[PU] indicator turns ON.
Selecting the parameter setting mode
[PRM] indicator is ON.
Selecting IPM initialization
Displaying the set value
" (initial value) appears.
Changing the setting value
" and "
Parameter settings for an induction motor
Parameter setting (in rotations per minute) for the IPM motor MM-EFS (1500 r/min specification) or MM-THE4
Parameter setting (in rotations per minute) for the IPM motor MM-EFS (3000 r/min specification)
The setting is available for the standard structure model or the separated converter type.
• If the motor parameter initialization is performed by using IPM initialization for the use of a PM motor, the setting of Pr.998 PM
parameter initialization is also changed automatically.
• To set a speed by adjusting frequencies or to monitor it, use Pr.998. (Refer to
• When Pr.998 = "112 or 114", IPM initialization setting is displayed as "12 or 14".
5.2 Control method
to choose the PU operation mode.
to choose the parameter setting mode.
" (IPM initialization) appears.
to read the present set value.
to change the value to "
" are displayed alternately. The setting is completed.
", and press
to confirm it.