How to restart the inverter which has been stopped in the External
operation mode by using
("PS" (PU stop) warning reset method)
• For the operation panel (FR-DU08)
After completion of deceleration stop, turn OFF the STF and STR signals.
when Pr.79 Operation mode selection = "0 (initial value) or 6".
When Pr.79 = "2, 3, or 7", the PU stop warning can be cleared with one keystroke.
• For the parameter unit (FR-PU07)
After completion of deceleration stop, turn OFF the STF or STR signal.
• The inverter can be restarted by performing the reset operation (by turning OFF and ON the power or inputting the RES
• Even when Pr.250 Stop selection ≠ "9999" is set and coasting stop is selected, using the PU stop function in the External
operation mode does not provide coasting stop but deceleration stop.
Reset limit (P.E107)
• Setting P.E107 = "1" or Pr.75 = any of "100 to 103, or 114 to 117" will make the inverter to refuse any reset operation (RES
signal input, etc.) for 3 minutes after the first activation of an electronic thermal O/L relay or protective function (E.THM,
• The reset limit function is available with the FR-F820-03160(75K) or higher and the FR-F840-01800(75K) or higher.
• Resetting the inverter power (turning OFF the control power) clears the accumulated thermal value.
• When the retry function is set enabled (Pr.67 Number of retries at fault occurrence ≠ "0"), the reset limit function is disabled.
• Do not perform a reset while a start signal is being input. Doing so will cause a sudden start of the motor, which
Parameters referred to
Pr.67 Number of retries at fault
Pr.79 Operation mode
Pr.551 PU mode operation command source
5.4 (E) Environment setting parameters
three times ("
" is cleared)
" is cleared).
Stop/restart example for External operation
on the PU