• When the rotation direction is detected, the following operation is performed according to Pr.78 Reverse rotation
prevention selection setting.
9999 (initial value)
• By setting "3 or 13" in Pr.162, the restart can be made smoother with even less impact than when "0, 2, 10, or 12" is set
When the inverter is restarted with "3, 13" set in Pr.162, offline auto tuning is required. (For details on offline auto tuning
of Advanced magnetic flux vector control, refer to
V/F control, Advanced magnetic flux vector control
Instantaneous (power failure) time
Motor speed N
* The output shut off timing differs
according to the load condition.
• The rotation speed detection time (frequency search) changes according to the rotation speed of the motor. (maximum 1 s)
• When the inverter capacity is two ranks or greater than the motor capacity, the overcurrent protective function (E.OC) is
sometimes activated and prevents the inverter from restarting.
• If two or more motors are connected to one inverter, this function operates abnormally. (The inverter does not restart
• Because a DC injection brake is applied instantaneously at speed detection during a restart, the speed might drop if the
moment of inertia (J) of the load is small.
• If reverse operation is detected when "1" (reverse rotation disabled) is set to Pr.78, operation decelerates by reverse rotation
and then changes to forward rotation when the start command is forward rotation. The inverter does not restart when the start
command is reverse rotation.
• When "3 or 13" is set to Pr.162, limit the wiring length to within 100 m.
time (Pr.58 setting)
at a restart
○: With rotation direction detection ×: Without rotation direction detection
366, and for details on offline auto tuning of V/F control, refer to
5.11 (A) Application parameters