Execution of PID gain tuning (Pr.1219, PGT signal)
• While the PID gain tuning function is enabled (Pr.1218 ≠ "0"), PID gain tuning is started when any of the following
operations is performed during PID control.
Turn ON the PID gain tuning start/forced end (PGT) signal.
Set Pr.1219 PID gain tuning start/status = "1".
Selecting the PID gain tuning start (1.RUN) in the function menu on the operation panel (FR-DU08).
• To use the PGT signal, set "81" in any of Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input terminal function selection) to assign the function to
an input terminal.
• The PID gain tuning status can be checked with the read value of Pr.1219 or the PID gain tuning status monitor. The PID
gain tuning status monitor is displayed instead of the output voltage monitor.
• When PID gain tuning is completed, the following parameters are automatically set.
PID proportional band
PID integral time
PID differential time
• To forcibly terminate the tuning during PID gain tuning, perform any of the following operations.
Turn OFF the PID gain tuning start/forced end (PGT) signal.
Set Pr.1219 PID gain tuning start/status = "8".
Select the PID gain tuning forced end (8.END) in the function menu on the operation panel (FR-DU08).
Turn OFF the power supply, reset the inverter, or turn OFF the start command.
• By PID gain tuning, the settings of the PID constant parameters (Pr.129, Pr.130, Pr.134, Pr.756 to Pr.758) are automatically
changed. Before performing PID gain tuning, record the PID constant parameter settings before tuning as required.
• PID gain tuning also requires setting of the PID upper limit (Pr.131 or Pr.1143), PID lower limit (Pr.132 or Pr.1144), PID
deviation limit (Pr.553 or Pr.1145).
• Changing the terminal assignment with Pr.178 to Pr.189 may affect other functions. Set parameters after confirming the
function of each terminal.
• By PID gain tuning, the amount of operation is changed considerably. In some applications such as a winding machine,
materials may be affected.
PID gain tuning status
Tuning in progress
Tuning forced end
Step response method
○: The calculation result is applied. —: "9999" is set.
Limit cycle method
5.11 (A) Application parameters