PLC function operation
Inverter operation lock
Pre-scale setting value
PLC function flash
User parameter auto
User parameters 1 to
User parameters 50
Outline of PLC function
• To enable the PLC function, set "1 or 2" in Pr.414 PLC function operation selection. When "2" is set in Pr.414, the
Sequence startup (SQ) signal from the external input terminal is valid regardless of the setting of the Pr.338
Communication operation command source. (The Pr.414 setting change becomes valid after inverter reset.)
• Switch the execution key (RUN/STOP) of the sequence program by turning the SQ signal ON/OFF. The sequence program
can be executed by turning the SQ signal ON. To input the SQ signal, set "50" in any of Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input terminal
function selection) to assign the function to a terminal.
• When "1" is set in Pr.415 Inverter operation lock mode setting, the inverter can be operated only when the sequence
program is running. By changing the PLC program status from RUN to STOP during inverter operation, the motor
decelerates to stop. To stop the inverter operation at the STOP status of the PLC program while performing auto operation
using SD1148 (or SM1200 to 1211) of the PLC program, set Pr.415 = "1".
• For reading or writing sequence programs, use FR Configurator2 on the personal computer connected to the inverter via
RS-485 communication or USB. (When Pr.414 ≠ "0", sequence programs can be read from or written to FR Configurator2.)
User parameter (data register (D)) auto storage function selection
• Setting Pr.675 = "1" enables the auto storage function for user parameters.
• The user parameter auto storage function is used to store the setting of Pr.1195 PLC function user parameters 46 (D251)
to Pr.1199 PLC function user parameters 50 (D255) automatically in EEPROM at power OFF or inverter reset.
• The auto storage function is disabled while the inverter performs any of the following.
Measurement of the main circuit capacitor's life, offline auto tuning, emergency drive function, measurement of load
characteristics, or PID gain tuning
PLC function disabled
PLC function enabled
The inverter start command is enabled regardless of the operating status of
the sequence program.
The inverter start command is enabled only while the sequence program is
Unit scale factor
0: No function
0 to 5
0 to 32767
Pre-scale setting value
0: Clears the flash memory fault display (no operation after
writing while the flash memory is in normal operation).
9696: Clears the flash memory (no operation after writing
while the flash memory is at a fault).
Other than 0 and 9696: Outside the setting range
(0 to 9999)
0: Normal display
1: The flash memory is not cleared because the PLC
function is enabled.
9696: During flash memory clearing operation or flash
Auto storage function enabled
Auto storage function disabled
Desired values can be set.
Because devices D206 to D255 used by the PLC function can be mutually
0 to 65535
accessed, the values set to Pr.1150 to Pr.1199 can be used by the
sequence program. The result of performing calculation by a sequence
program can also be monitored by Pr.1150 to Pr.1199.
The SQ signal is enabled by input from a
command source (external input terminal/
The SQ signal is enabled by input from an
external input terminal.
When the pulse train is input from terminal
JOG, the number of sampling pulses can be
The result of conversion is stored to SD1236.
Number of sampled pulses = Input pulse value
per count cycle × Pre-scale setting value
(Pr.417) × Unit scale factor (Pr.416)
5.11 (A) Application parameters