USB host communication
• Different inverter data can be saved in a USB memory device.
The USB host communication enables the following functions.
PLC function data
• When the inverter recognizes the USB memory device without any problem, "
• When the USB memory device is removed, "
• The operating status of the USB host can be checked on the LED display of the inverter.
LED display status
• When a device such as a USB charger is connected to the USB connector and an excessive current (500 mA or higher)
flows, USB host error "
• When the UF warning appears, the USB error can be canceled by removing the USB device and setting Pr.1049 = "1".
(The UF warning can also be canceled by resetting the inverter power or resetting with the RES signal.)
2. INSTALLATION AND WIRING
2.7 Communication connectors and terminals
Place a flathead screwdriver,
etc. in a slot and push up the
cover to open.
Conforms to USB 1.1
Maximum 5 m
USB A connector (receptacle)
1 GB or more (used in the recorder mode of the trace function)
• Copies the parameter settings from the inverter to the USB memory device. A maximum of 99 parameter
setting files can be saved in a USB memory device.
• The parameter setting data copied in the USB memory device can be copied to other inverters. This
function is useful in backing up the parameter setting or for sharing the parameter setting among multiple
• The parameter setting file can be copied onto a personal computer from the USB memory device and
edited using FR Configurator2.
• The monitoring data and output status of the signals can be saved in a USB memory device.
• The saved data can be imported to FR Configurator2 to diagnose the operating status of the inverter.
• This function copies the PLC function project data to a USB memory device when the PLC function is
• The PLC function project data copied in the USB memory device can be copied to other inverters.
• This function is useful in backing up the parameter setting and for allowing multiple inverters to operate
by the same sequence programs.
No USB connection.
The communication is established between the inverter and the USB device.
The USB memory device is being accessed. (Do not remove the USB memory device.)
Error in the USB connection.
" (UF warning) is displayed on the operation panel.
(Mini B connector)
Personal computer (FR Configurator2)
" is briefly displayed on the operation panel.
USB memory device
" is briefly displayed on the