Restart operation without frequency search (Pr.162 = "1 or 11")
• When Pr.162 = "1 or 11", reduced voltage start is used for the restart operation. In this method, the voltage is raised
gradually while keeping the output frequency level at the level before an instantaneous power failure, regardless of the
motor's coasting speed.
V/F control, Advanced magnetic flux vector control
Motor speed N
* The output shut off timing differs according to the load condition.
• This restart method uses the output frequency that was active before the instantaneous power failure stored in memory. If the
instantaneous power failure time is 0.2 second or more, the output frequency can no longer be stored and held in memory, so
the restart is performed from Pr.13 Starting frequency (initial value: 0.5 Hz).
Restart at every start (Pr.162 = "10 to 13")
• When "10 to 13" is set in Pr.162, a restart operation is performed at each start and automatic restart after instantaneous
power failure (Pr.57 start after the reset time has elapsed). When "0 (initial value) to 3" is set in Pr.162, a restart operation
is performed at the first start after a power-ON, and from the second power-ON onwards, a start from the starting frequency
Automatic restart operation of the MRS (X10) signal
• The restart operation after restoration from output shutoff by the MRS (X10) signal is as shown in the following table
according to the Pr.30 setting.
2, 10, 11, 102, 110, 111
Other than the above
• When output is shut off using safety stop function (terminals S1 and S2), the inverter restarts in the same way as when output
is shut off by the MRS (X10) signal.
Adjustment of restart coasting time (Pr.57)
• Coasting time is the time from the motor speed detection to the restart operation start.
• To enable restart operation, set "0" to Pr.57 Restart coasting time. If "0" is set to Pr.57, the coasting time is automatically
set to the following value (unit: s). Generally, this setting does not interfere with inverter operation.
• Inverter operation is sometimes hindered by the size of the moment of inertia (J) of the load or running frequency. Adjust
this coasting time within the range 0.1 s to 30 s to match the load specification.
5.11 (A) Application parameters
Instantaneous (power failure) time
Restart cushion time
00105(2.2K) to 00340(7.5K)
00052(2.2K) to 00170(7.5K)
Operation after restoration from output shutoff by the MRS (X10) signal
Restart operation (starting from the coasting speed)
Starting from Pr.13 Starting frequency.
200 V class: FR-F820-
00490(11K) to 02330(55K)
400 V class: FR-F840-
00250(11K) to 01160(55K)
03160(75K) or higher
01800(75K) or higher