Setting the frequency using an analog signal
• Use the current regulator which outputs 4 to 20 mA to give a frequency command (by connecting it across terminals 4 and 5
• Turn ON the AU signal.
• Set Pr.79 Operation mode selection = "4" (External/PU combination operation mode 2).
(4 to 20mADC)
The following shows the procedure to operate at 60 Hz.
Turning ON the power of the inverter
The operation panel is in the monitor mode.
Changing the operation mode
Set "4" in Pr.79. [PU] and [EXT] indicators are ON. (To change the setting, refer to
Selecting the input via terminal 4
Turn ON the Terminal 4 input selection (AU) signal. Input via terminal 4 to the inverter is enabled.
Acceleration → constant speed
Input a current of 20 mA to the inverter from the regulator. The frequency value on the monitor increases according
to the setting of Pr.7 Acceleration time, and "
Input a current of 4 mA or less. The frequency value on the monitor decreases according to the setting of Pr.8
Deceleration time, the monitor displays "
• Pr.184 AU terminal function selection must be set to "4 (initial value)" (AU signal).
• To change the frequency (60 Hz) at the maximum current input (initial value: 20 mA), adjust Pr.126 Terminal 4 frequency
setting gain frequency.
• To change the frequency (0 Hz) at the minimum current input (initial value: 4 mA), adjust the calibration parameter C5
Terminal 4 frequency setting bias frequency.
Parameters referred to
Pr.7 Acceleration time, Pr.8 Deceleration
Pr.79 Operation mode
Pr.126 Terminal 4 frequency setting gain
4. BASIC OPERATION
4.5 Basic operation procedure (PU operation)
on the operation panel (FR-DU08) to give a start command.
. [FWD] or [REV] indicator blinks as no frequency command is given.
. [FWD] or [REV] indicator turns OFF.
" (60.00 Hz) appears on the monitor.
" (0.00 Hz), and the motor stops rotating. [FWD] or [REV] indicator